We picked some of the first apples in the orchard and have some for sale at the fruit stand now. It seems that the recent week of hundred degree weather has ripened some apples earlier than usual. The second crop of figs is now coming in, too.
If you'd like to order Kelsey plums or Asian pears for dehydrating, please call ahead and let us know. Kelsey plums and Asian pears make great fruits for dehydrating, because they dry sweet but not sticky and are healthy snacks.
Here's what's at the fruit stand now:
- Apples--Northern Spy, Gala
- Peaches--O'Henry, Alberta, Faye Alberta, '49er (all yellow varieties)
- Plums--Casselman, Kelsey, Elephant Heart, El Dorado, Late Duarte
- Pluots--Dapple Dandy
- Asian Pear--Hosui, 20th Century, New Century
- European Pear--Bartlett
- Figs--Black Mission and Brown Turkey
- Tomatoes--various sizes of red tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, paste tomatoes
- Vegetables--Summer squash and zucchini, cucumber, eggplant, Chinese long beans, Swiss chard, large red & white onions
- Herbs--Basil, oregano, mint (cut if you ask)
- Honey--from bees at our orchard
- Beeswax candles--handmade 100% beeswax from the orchard
- The Art of Real Food Cookbook--by Joanne Neft and Laura Kenney