Hoshigaki (massage-dried persimmon) is no longer for sale at the fruit stand. This coming Fall we'll start taking orders for hoshigaki again. Look here on the website in late September or early October for a post announcing that orders have begun. Mark your calender in late September to remind yourself to make an order.
Late last week we picked some of our grapefruit and now have it for sale. Grapefruit will be the last fruit picked until we harvest the biwa (loquat) tree. The first biwa blossoms just started to bloom this past weekend. After biwa we expect cherries, apricots and the first plums sometime in May.
What's at the fruit stand now?
- Grapefruit--new this past week
- Oranges--Nodahara's Navel variety (very large)
- Lemons--Meyer, Eureka
- Fresh Persimmons--Hachiya , gyombo (soft)
- Vegetables--Jerusalem artichoke
- Gourds--for decorations and crafting