We are happy to say that we now have hoshigaki (dried persimmons) at the fruit stand for sale. If you were planning to pick up hoshigaki at our fruit stand, the first of this year's hoshigaki has finished. Please call ahead if you are able, and we'll have your order ready. Our phone number is (916) 791-1656. We hope to start sending out mail orders within the next two weeks.
There are a lot of soft hachiya persimmons at the fruit stand, all ready using for baking or for eating fresh. We still have hard hachiyas too, if you'd like to ripen them at home.
Here's what's at the fruitstand now:
- Persimmons--Hachiya, Maru, Hyakume (vodka-treated), and Hoshigaki (dried)
- Asian Pear--Okusankichi (seconds)
- Pomegranates--white and red varieties
- Walnuts--in the shell
- Vegetables--zucchini, hot chiles, garlic, Swiss chard and basil
- Gourds--lots of different kinds for decorating and crafting