|A bucket of some of the last kaki peelings this season.|
We are selling small amounts of hoshigaki at the fruit stand, but if you'd like to pick up larger amounts (more than a few pounds), please call us ahead of time so we can reserve it for you (916-791-1656). At this time, we're still accepting mail orders also. When we determine that we've received hoshigaki orders equivalent to our estimate of what's drying, we'll announce here that we've stopped taking mail orders for the season. To order hoshigaki by mail, print out the order form from the Hoshigaki/Persimmons section of the website, and mail it in with a check.
Colder weather makes the fuyu persimmons start to get soft too, so if you like harder fuyus try to come get them soon. Our mandarins are not quite ready yet, they're ripening late this year. We hope they'll be ready to pick and have at the fruit stand in a week or so.
Here's what's at the fruit stand now:
- Persimmons--Fuyu, Maru, Hachiya, vodka-treated Hyakume, and limited amounts of hoshigaki (dried persimmon)
- Apples--Granny Smith
- Asian Pear--Okusankichi (extra large juicy brown variety)
- Walnuts--in the shell
- Pecans--in the shell
- Winter Squash--Butternut
- Pumpkins & Gourds--for decoration or eating
- Eggs--from chickens at our orchard
- Honey--from bees at our orchard