|Green hachiya persimmons|
At the end of this month we'll post the 2011 hoshigaki (Japanese hand dried persimmon) mail order form so that we can begin taking orders for hoshigaki. We'll post here on the blog when the official order form is finished and available on our website.
New things we have at the fruit stand are jujube, quince, and olympic Asian pears. We have limited quantities of jujube and quince though, since we only have a few of these trees and picking just started.
Here's what's at the fruit stand now:
- Asian Pear--Yoi, Shinko, New Century, 20th Century, Olympic
- Plums--Casselman, Angelina
- European Pear--Comice, D'anjou
- Apples--Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Fuji
- Figs--Black Mission, Brown Turkey
- Vegetables--tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplant, long beans, peppers, zucchini, summer squash, basil, oregano, mint
- Honey--from bees at our orchard, star thistle honey from Lincoln