We are still accepting mail orders for hoshigaki (Japanese hand-dried persimmon). Hoshigaki is for sale at the fruit stand now, too. If you live near our orchard and want to pick up a large order please call and arrange with us ahead of time.
Here's what's at the fruit stand now:
- Persimmons--Fuyu, Maru (chocolate), vodka-treated hyakume, hachiya (soft or firm), hoshigaki (Japanese hand-dried persimmons)
- Pomegranate--white variety (cream to pink outside, softer, sweeter pink seeds) red variety
- Asian Pears--Okusankichi
- Apples--Granny Smith
- Winter Squash--Butternut, Red Kuri, pumpkins
- Vegetables--sweet peppers, herbs
- Honey--from bees at our orchard
- Eggs--from local free-range chickens
- Seasonal Preserves--From The Good Stuff (some made Otow Orchard fruit)
- Beeswax candles--handmade 100% beeswax from the orchard
- The Art of Real Food Cookbook--by Joanne Neft and Laura Kenney
- Perfectly Persimmon Cookbook--1004 persimmon recipes by Jean Brine
- The California Persimmon, a persimmon cookbook published by the University of California Cooperative Extension, Placer and Nevada Counties.
The next delivery from the Sierra Foothills Producers Cooperative to our orchard will be Friday, Nov. 22nd from 4:00-4:30. Orders must be sent in by 4:00 PM Thursday, Nov. 14th.